The Pfizer presence in Canada includes the Montreal manufacturing facility and distribution center that employs 1,000 engaged employees in manufacturing, quality and compliance, technical services, distribution and various support functions. The goal of Pfizer Global Supply's Montreal facility is to efficiently launch and supply strategic specialty products within the Consumer Healthcare division for Pfizer Global Markets.
The current Pfizer manufacturing and distribution facility located in Montreal, Quebec was built in 1987, with major infrastructure improvements during 2000 and 2001.
About the Montreal facility:
- Manufactures namebrand products including Advil, Centrum, Caltrate, Preparation H, Robax and Robitussin
- A Global plant for small to medium batches that:
- Produces 140 different formulations
- Manages packaging of 500 different formats
- Handles packages in 15 languages
- Supplies to over 90 markets
- A highly competitive plant with an engaged and dynamic workforce using Lean Manufacturing
The Pfizer Canada manufacturing plant obtained the U.S. Food and Drug Administration accreditation status in 2005, which allows it to manufacture products for the U.S. market. The facility was also first within the industry to obtain both ISO 14001 Environmental Certification and OHSAS 18001 certification for Security/Safety. The Pfizer Canada manufacturing plant has also earned industry recognition and awards such as the 2002 and 2004 Fresenius Quality Seal, Wal-Mart Canada Supplier of the year in 2004 and 2007, and a Grande Mention at the Grand Prix québécois de la qualité in 2005.